ODNI director announces resignation amid family health emergency

ODNI director announces resignation amid family health emergency

Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard announced her resignation effective June 30, officially citing her husband’s bone cancer diagnosis, amid reports that she was forced out by the White House.

I am deeply grateful for the trust President Trump placed in me and for the opportunity to lead
@ODNIgov
for the last year and a half.

Unfortunately, I must submit my resignation, effective June 30, 2026. My husband, Abraham, has recently been diagnosed with an extremely rare form of bone cancer. He faces major challenges in the coming weeks and months. At this time, I must step away from public service to be by his side and fully support him through this battle.

Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard announced Friday her resignation effective June 30, citing her husband’s rare bone cancer diagnosis.

“I cannot in good conscience ask him to face this fight alone while I continue in this demanding and time-consuming post,” she said.

While a White House spokesperson called her an “America First patriot,” a source familiar with the matter told Reuters, “She was pushed out by the White House,” adding, “The White House has been unhappy with her for quite some time.”

According to Reuters, friction arose from her task force’s investigations and her revocation of 37 security clearances. President Trump praised her but previously noted differences over Iran. Aaron Lukas will serve as acting director.

Senator Mark Warner stated the position “needs to be an independent, experienced intelligence professional” focusing on foreign intelligence, not “domestic election incidents.”

READ MORE AT REUTERS

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top